Monday, August 16, 2010

How far should you let rascism affect you life?

My husband %26amp; I want a large family. We want to have 2/3 kids biologicly %26amp; adopt 2/3. I was raised to not see the color of someones skin. My husband was raised to actually believe that black people ';are generaly alright but shouldn't be allowed to mix with white.'; I'm glad to say he doesn't believe in this although thats how his parents are. Now when I look online at adoptable children, the majority of them are black. One girl in particular I just fell in love with right away %26amp; considered adopting her, then I realized how his parents would react %26amp; how where we live theres maybe a 4% black population %26amp; how other's backwards attitudes might affect not only us but the child. Now I can handle rascist remarks %26amp; would be ready to stand up for my child but I worry about the child %26amp; if it would be a negative affect on her. I would love her %26amp; make a good mother for her but is that enough in todays society? Everyone says racism's a thing of the past but is it really? Tell me what your opinion is.How far should you let rascism affect you life?
Rascism is still very much alive. But i dont think it should effect you when it comes to a child. Take this as an opportunity to cultivate that little girl and help her to understand the beauty of every skin color. Its unfortunate that your husband's family think the way they do but you cant change there minds, all you can do is show them by your actions that they are wrong. Use your actions and not just your words. if they still choose to not be apart of their grandchild's life, it will be their loss not hers, and definitely not yours.How far should you let rascism affect you life?
Racism is a traveled two way street. It will most likely never go completely away - no more than ignorance will completely go away.


The little girls needs a home and family that is willing to provide for her and her future. Don't let the ignorant, stupidity of other people affect your decision.


Adopting a child won't be an easy road, especially when you have to deal with your marriage relatives. Use them as an example to your family as how prejudice unnecessarily hurts people.
I'm white, and I mainly date black women, so I can tell you that here even in a big city like Houston, racism is still alive, but I have to tell that if you really love that little girl, I wouldn't let what anybody said-anybody-including his parents, stop me from adopting her. At the end of the day, nobody cares-nobody. Life is going to be worse for her growing up in an orphanage than it will ever be with you in a loving home. If you adopt a white child, somebody somewhere will still have something negative to say-so what. Some people are just stupid and ignorant, and have nothing else better to do. Don't let them rule you life. That's my 2 cents.
Racism is alive and runs rampant in many parts of the country.





However, you are letting it affect you, by leaving a child out in the cold, so to speak, because of what others might think.





Life may be hard for her, but why not be the one who can make it better? You think she'd do better adopted by a black family in the ghetto?
move soemwhere else


would you want your own children raised like that?
Racism touches all of us. It is how she is taught to respond to it. God created us all. Although most African Americans have never been close to Africa, they have their own culture that this child needs to learn about. And she will need to be around other people with black skin so that she won't feel like the odd man out. God Bless you and that little girl.
Living in the South, I know that racism isn't dead. But I wouldn't let that bother me. If you want to adopt that little girl, adopt her. Don't let someone else's ignorance bother you.

No comments:

Post a Comment