Friday, August 20, 2010

What is your opinion on Twilight, the ';so-called'; bestseller?

Here is my review on Twilight, the book by Stephenie Meyer. For Twi-Hards, I reccomend that you do not read this, but if you want to, I can not stop you. Do not respond to me in a wrong manner, because this is what I believe, and this is what I say is true about Twilight. Here it is:





';Seriously, I do not understand why girls go crazy over this repulsive and unintelligent book. Girls all around the world should feel offended by the book. Isabella, a 'clumsy' girl (that's the only trait she has!) meets the hottest guy in school who is also a vampire. Go figure! How many books have you read that started like that? Anyway, girls should feel offended because of how idiotic Bella is toward Edward. Stephenie wrote this book as if she were Bella, and Edward was the dream man that she wished she had but had to deal with her own husband. Bella is one of those girls who would do anything for Edward. And I've noticed some peers saying that they were Bella and their boyfriend was Edward. Why would you want to be a girl with no sense? If Bella was sensible, she would've given Edward a hard time but secretly loved him...not in love, but love as in developing. Some believe in love at first sight, but come on, that was too fast. If Bella had given Edward a hard time, then the story would've been better, in my opinion.If Bella had ignored him when she found out that he had been watching her, that would have been good, too. Then she should have given him a piece of her mind. In my opinion on girls, they don't just fall head over heels for this one guy they just met. Girls should be respected, and Edward doesn't have a clue on what respect is to be a hundred year old vampire. Edward and Bella are both idiotic. I'm suprised at Edward because he could read minds! I wouldn't kill myself if my girlfriend (not saying I have one) were to, oh let's say, jump off a cliff to bring me back home. I would show up at her funeral and pay my respects. Cry, a lot, but not kill myself. Before Stephenie writes anymore vampire books, she needs to learn a few things: This is not an opporotunity to throw your whole sap of a life into an underdeveloped character. She also needs to know that vampires do not sparkle. They burn, not sparkle. And she needs to make her characters develop. I'm a writer younger than her, and I'm ashamed to say that I can write better than this! Bella is just a shy girl who is sometimes clumsy. Edward is just a cold vampire who loves the first girl he sees. That's how most relationships end. She also needs to let their relationship grow. By the fourth chapter, I think, or maybe the fourth week of Bella's time with Edward, they were in love. Love takes a long time, and she should know that. Twilight should have been the time they spent on building their love, trust, and responsibility. New Moon would have been better to start the love deepening. Also, Stephenie needs to learn that she is writing to teens, not herself. First, stop using so many big words. We know you have a degree and a few special words would help, but sentence after sentence are college words for a junior. Second, this book has so much sexual preferences in her perspective that it is crazy! Like most people said, the book would be 100 pages less is she stopped writing about Edward's appearance. I'm only in my adolesence stage (14-18) and I could really do better than this. I might not use those big words she uses, but I would do better. I feel bad for girls who love this story. They are so blinded that they can't see the truth: Stephenie does not respect teenage girls and how they handle relationships. I don't believe she even respects herself with her arrogant interviews. Stephenie needs to improve in her work. So in the end, Twilight isn't a book worth buying. It is just a dream on pages.';





So, what I'm saying is that I hate the book. Don't call me a hypocrite but I just like the movie. Just not the book. What is your opinion?What is your opinion on Twilight, the ';so-called'; bestseller?
I didn't read the whole thing. I thought the movie was pure crap, and the books were poorly written. The forth book though, was like a fan fiction, stupid happy ending. I wish Edward would have died, the creepy stalker.





Whatever though, people need to get over Twilight. Go read Dracula or Anne Rice or something.What is your opinion on Twilight, the ';so-called'; bestseller?
This is what I think of Twilight:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>





Seriously. It's my new project: Dusk, the Anti-Twilight Novel.
I'm only a kid, so I've never read twilight nor will I ever want to, but I just have to say that it's a bestseller no matter how horrible the content is. It sold a lot of copies.
I think Meyer wanted to portray Bella as a character who wasn't like other girls. Maybe that's why she was clumsy and fell for Edward immediately.





I personally like Twilight but I think it's overrated at this point...too much attention for such a simple book.
I liked the book. I'm not obsessed, but I liked it. I don't think you're a hypocrite, I thought the movie was a poor rendition. If I thought you were a hypocrite, I'd be one too.





But I don't really think you can call it a ';so-called bestseller';....that's based on actual statistics of how many copies have been sold.
Your just mad because you dont have your own vampire.


;D
I must applaud this review. its great!
In my opinion, I think Twilight is amazing. I just wanna live the romantic fantasy and that's what twilight is. I guess you're not the romantic type.





Stephenie Meyer said that Twilight came to her in a dream. She even said it sounded corny but it came in a dream. She wrote it down cause she didn't want to forget. Her sister read it and begged her to make it a book.





That's what the whole book is about. A girl falling in love with a vampire.





Why would you live if you have nothing to live for? Since Edward was gone, there was no point to live anymore cause her true love was gone forever.





I agree that she drags on too much about his looks. It's really annoying.





This book was meant for adults but then teens got into it.





Stephenie also said that in her dream, it was the meadow scene and Edward was sparkling. that's why he sparkles. It's her book so let her do whatever comes up.





This was love at first sight.You never felt it so you don't know.





I know you're not gonna pick me for best answer cause i disagreed but it's my opinion.
You are a strange teenager and please do not take that in a bad way...You think way beyond your years, with that said I am a twilight fan and i would just like to voice my opinion's on your views about teenage girls...Its not a bad thing to get lost in a fantasy world...And I'm Sure most of them don't feel the way you do about Bella. I believe Stephanie meant for Bella To appear shy and lost in a world that she was having trouble fitting in (like most teenage girls out there). When two prince Charmin's come along and fight over her, tell the best man wins...Again Like you said every girls fantasy.....So my point is whats wrong with getting lost in some fantasy world, a really good author thought up, before you have to face all the reality's of the real word as an adult?
Quick and simple: The characters lack depth and the plot is basically non existent.





I also could not stand the movie, the special effects were bad, the acting was even worse (who seriously hires Kristen Stewart?) and the screaming fan girls didn't make it any better.





EDIT: Just because someone isn't a fan of Twilight, it does not mean that they aren't the romantic type. I don't know how you can make that statement.





I like romance but i like a GOOD romance, i like a GOOD vampire novel. Not this.





You say they are in love but if you ask me Bella was more obsessed than in love, she even referred to Edward as a drug. And don't even get me started on Edward, he was controlling and seemed border line abusive. He was interested in Bella as a scientist is interested in his experiment. I did not see love in that book.





What happened to the bad *** vampires that actually kill and cant be in sunlight. Now we have this guy who sparkles in the sun. Really Stephenie?








EDIT: and as for that guy who asked why don't you have 4 best selling books right now, well I hate to break it to him but anyone who writes a romance novel with vampires at this point is pretty much rolling in the money.
I have read all four books. I thought the movie was horrible. I'm not a crazy fan or anything. I will stick with Dracula and the awesome vampire stories.


The only thing is this is fiction, what did you expect. It obviously isn't real. I guess your not a fan of Harry Potter either, because it isn't real. It's just a book and a make believe situation.


By the way asking for an opinion on a book includes the opposite opinion of yours. People can respond however they want to within the rules of Yahoo! Answers.
stephenie meyer may have said that the idea came to her in a dream, but if you think about it, it is really just like numerous other romance books out there. a girl falls in love with a guy that has something wrong with him. then they find a way around it to fall in love. really? seriously Meyer get a new idea. there are soooooooo many movies and books like this, it isn't even funny.and with edward its all ';omg i love you, omg i'm a monster i dont love you. ok maybe i do but im still a monster';.





don't even get me started on the way that she writes. the books would have been cut in half if stephanie meyer didnt go on and on and on and on and on about how edward looks. its like you read a paragraph then have to deal with another one describing how edward looks. also the romance in it is sooooo unbelievable. just like you said, after 4 weeks they are in love. and then the minute edward leaves she wants to kill herself.





the characters have absolutely nooo depth. we find out kinda how bella looks, and that she is clumsy. that tells us barely anything about her. and edward isnt much better. none of the characters are good.





and edward can barely even be called a vampire. he sparkles in the sun, he doesn't have fangs and he doesn't drink blood. umm i'm thinking were missing something there.





i also hate how Meyer portrays females.





all in all twilight blows
I agree with you. I also had a problem with the references to pedophilia, the necrophilia (I have read books that have that in them, but they were adult books), thesaurus rape and the major grammar errors. My writing is not perfect, but, by the goddess, at least make the characters more believable. Not to mention the vampire c-section in Breaking dawn. my husband could not even read that book and he has no problem with gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment