Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have been keeping a secret from my husband?

I recently got married. It was a whirlwind relationship. We met, fell in love, and got married very quickly. To the point...I am a survivor of cervical cancer, which I had years ago. When pregnant with my son, he is 15 months old, I was told that my tests revealed bad cells again and the likelihood of cancer being back was pretty favorable. Since I was almost due and having other major medical problems, they informed me that they would wait to confirm anything and start treatment until after my son was born. Things spun out of control. My son was born almost 6 weeks early. I had lots of medical problems, but I don't need to get into that. In short, my symptoms have increased. I know it's time to go back to the doctor. My husband has no idea of what's going on with me. It just never seemed to be the right time. We have only been married for three months, and not getting along well either. What should I do? I'm afraid that he will leave me. I'm afraid that he will think I'm just making it up for attention. I'm afraid he will be angry at me for not telling him sooner. Please, I need advice if anyone has been in a similar situation. How did you handle it. What was the outcome of your decision.I have been keeping a secret from my husband?
Just tell him you were diagnosed with cervical cancer and over came it before you met him, you didn't think it was important to say anything about it, since you were in the clear. Now, the doctors have told you that it is possible you could have it again, and you wanted to let him know. Let him know that you are not looking for attention by telling him this, but that you thought he should know, and you would like his love and support with it. Never know, it might make ya'll stronger... Good Luck and I hope everything turns out in your favor.I have been keeping a secret from my husband?
You need to separate the two different issues of your health and your marriage. Your marriage may not survive, but you need to. You have a child now, and need to get treatment so you will be around to take care of him. Putting it off so hubby wont blow his top is not going to make it go away. You need to take care of yourself. Good Luck.
you really should tell him what's going on with your health.that is something you shouldn't keep from him.i hope he won't think you are dooing this to make him feel sorry for you.if he is any kind of a man he will support you and go to the DR with you.you don't need to face this alone.then on the other hand if he leaves you,you don't need that kind of stress in your life.i hope you have family that will give you the support you need.
I would have him go to the dr. with you. Let the dr. tell him the situation.


If he does anything else but comfort you then he is not worth it.


I am sure that he will love and support you.
You really need to tell him the truth no matter the outcome. I would suggest you seek counseling or at the very least talk to someone, perhaps talk to your doctor and let him/her recommend someone.
Can't you have your doctor call him? This would stop his thinking your making it up.





Sit him down and talk to him. Your a couple your suppose to ';share';.
WTF? Go to the Doctor and tell him.YOu could die,!
you both need to deal with this together..tell him the truth..this is your life..you have a child..you need support
';in sickness and in health';





you need to tell him...you and I both know that you may not survive this, you need his support, if you're worried about him not believing you, take him with you to the Doctor, yeah he'll probably be a little upset you didn't tell him, but you have a child involved in this, you're going to need treatment, how is he not going to find out if you need surgery or chemo and lose your hair? Even if he gets angry and leaves you're better off without that...that's on him....either way you're a mother and have to fight for the sake of your child first and foremost....I went through a cancer scare, until I knew what was going on I said nothing to my son's father, we were not together, but he's my child's father and my friend, once they found that there was nothing to immediately worry about but something to worry about in the future...I sat him down and told him what was going on...he was upset, not because he was angry, but because he didn't like the thought of me going through all the testing by myself, even though he is remarried he wanted to be there for me, you know how scary this is, this is your husband and I assume the father of your child? It is his place to know this information whether or not he stays with you is moot...you need to tell him and get into the Doctor ASAP, take him with you if you must, but you need to inform him of what is going on, you both need to be prepared for the course of treatment and also for the worst, you need to plan for your future and that of your child if you don't beat this...sorry to be crass but suck it up and tell him what is going on, the fact that you're avoiding this and it could cost you your life because you're worried about his feelings is bullshit! Screw his feelings at this point, this is your life!
i had cancer down there too why on earth would you hide that not that it will make a difference if he loves you he will be by your side are you crazy to hide that go to the Dr's they may want you to get a hysterectomy then you wont be able to have more kids however if this is true love then adoption is always an alternative however ones life is more important then giving a man a child.wake up and if he leaves you why would you want a weak man anyway.
I am 28 years old and my girlfriend is 25 and we are life partners. (Gay/Lesbian) couple. When she and I started talking she called me one day as a friend and told me that she has cervical cancer and asked me if I would go to the doctors with her. We were both with other people at the time, but as a friend I went. Now that we are together if she would have kept it from me and not told me before I probably would have been understanding of why she wouldn't have mentioned it but I love her and I know that anything that she goes through I would want to be involved. I wouldn't want her to do it alone. Going through something like this by yourself is not the way, you need to tell him so that you two as one can fight it as one. He is suppose to be your supporter. Stand by you no matter what. Please tell him what is going on and if he doesn't believe you take him to the doctor with you. Not only for yourself but for your husband and your child. Good Luck
You DEFINATELY need to take care of yourself...you're NUMBER ONE, regardless of anything else! You could tell him what the situation was back when you had your son, but things turned out OK at the time. Now you've found you're having problems again %26amp; you'd like him to go to the Dr. w/you. Having him w/you at the Dr. he w/be able to ask questions, KNOW you're not making anything up, %26amp; that you must have things taken care of regarding your health. I'd also tell him you'd really appreciate ALL the support he can give you at this time. Anyone w/half a heart would at least be supportive %26amp; do all they can to be of help to you. IF he chooses to turn his back to you, he's NOT worth your life, that's for sure. In fact, if he did, he's not worth anything period. I would tell him you didn't tell him sooner because as far as you knew, things were OK until just recently %26amp; now you know or think you know what the reason is. Ask him to definitely go to the Dr. w/you. Tell him you need him w/you just for support. I don't know how he could honestly turn you down w/something as serious as this. I'd tell him the least you have to %26amp; tell him you want the Dr. to tell the both of you together. I'm very sorry to hear things are not going well w/your marriage, BUT you MUST take care of yourself above all else. PLEASE do not let him or what he might or might not do influence your need to take care of your health, your very life. Certainly your son does deserve his mother. You've got to think of him too as he's an important part of your life %26amp; I'm SURE he wants his mother as any child would regardless of their age. If any one of my children tho't I was neglicting my health due to causing friction w/my marriage, they would physically drag me to the Dr. themselves! PLEASE please do this for you %26amp; those who do love %26amp; care about you. He has no rite to have you jeoprodize your very life w/you being afraid of what he might think or say. If that's the kind of a person he is, then he's not worth a grain of salt. If things are rocky w/your marriage, something should happen to it, you have chances of future happiness w/someone else. BUT, you cannot replace your health. Please don't be afraid of this %26amp; that as far as he's concerned, I'd be more afraid for my very life. People, places %26amp; things can be replaced, but you cannot be. Take care of what you need to take care of now. Don't put it off any longer. Make the Dr. apt. as soon as you can, tell them it's an emgcy. %26amp; you need to see a Dr. ASAP. Then just tell him you would like him to go to the Dr. w/you as you're not sure of just what's going on, so you need him w/you for support %26amp; also to hear just what the Dr. has to say. You ARE important, you ARE number ONE. Please take care of yourself is all I can say...I'm sure everyone else would totally agree w/me. I DO wish you the very best...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment