Wednesday, August 18, 2010

With your baby names.....?

who did you name and who did your husband/bofriend name....like your sons and daughters? did you agree...


my boyfriend Tyler and i aren't going to have kids for a while (15) but he wants to name his first daughter Emmeline Kaitlin. which i fell in love with. i want to name my first son Owen Tyler.......


so the question is how did you finally figure out your kids names?





hope this makes sense dont know how the heck to word it.With your baby names.....?
Makes perfect sense!





Well my husband and I haven't been able to concieve yet but we have both agreed on these naming rules.





I have girl names that I love and my obsession really is girl names so I asked if I could name the girls because I have names that I love and he said yes but he gets to name the boys. He agreed and I'm happy with that and so is he!





Of course we each have rules such as we ask the other person and as long as they don't ';Hate'; it then we have the final say so. I like this idea and it suits us but everyone is different.








Anyhow that's what we do!





Hope I helped!With your baby names.....?
Its supposed to be a joint decision. I know in my family back in the day the mothers named the daughters and the fathers named the sons. I dont agree with that, i think if you cant decide on a fricken name together as a couple, you probably dont have much chance surviving anything else, cos naming your child compared to some of the other decisions youll be required to make for them, is the easiest thing youll ever do!


With my son Morrison William, I picked Morrison out of thin air, My other half loved it cos hes a guitarist and liked the link to Van Morrison and Jim Morrison.


And as for William, it was my fathers first name and he died suddenly when i was 5 months pregnant, and since Morrison was to be the first grandchild, and also a boy, it was only fitting that we pay that tribute to my dad by carrying on his name.
I got pregnant at 15 and the first thing my husband and I decided were names. We agreed that I could name our kids anything I wanted as long as our first son was named after him. So that was baby #1. At the same time we decided on a girl name during the first pregnancy which was Andrea Christine. (Husband's name is Andres and my name is Christina) So, baby #1 was named Andres after my husband making him the Andres III. My second pregnancy, found out it was a girl and just stuck with the name picked out from the first pregnancy. Third name, well he was unexpected so wanted to keep all the names with A's, we decided Aden was a good name in English and Spanish and his middle name, Daniel, came from my uncle that passed away that meant a lot to me and spoiled me rotten. Good Luck picking your names. It's always a fun party in a pregnancy. Another example, I have two neices, Cierra Nevaeh and my secondniecee that has her sister's name backwards, Arreic Heaven, I thought that was cool!
Well it worked out pretty well for us because I have a HUGE list of favorite names, and my husband was able to find some that he really liked... We have a long list of Jewish/Biblical names we both love: Isaac, Caleb, Elijah, Ezra, Isaiah, Ishmael, etc. and then the only names that we like for boys that aren't Biblical are Tennessee, Miles and Finn. We wouldn't mix them tho, so we'll either have a bunch of Old Testament boys or our boys with moderner names so they sound good as a set.





For girls it's a different story! I love really wacky girls names, not wackily spelled but ones that are basically nouns or adjectives: Wren, River, Sage, True, Tempest, Genesis, Amaze, Coral... etc. He only likes really traditional girls names like Annabelle, Lucy, Maria, etc. So we're still working on that, but I think we'll go with Lucy if we can find a longer name for her that we like, with Lucy as a nickname. If not, we'll do Annabelle with the nickname Ella or Bella.
My ex-boyfriend and I discussed the future and having children and we talked about names and he was into it but his name taste was horrible - he liked names like Destiny and Asiya, and then he liked outdated names like Jessica and Ashley and stuff.





But he knew that I had always wanted to use family names, and so that's what he wanted as well - I wanted to use (and still do) David Eric for a boy and he was fine with that as it honours my father and my great grandfather and great uncle, and at the time I wanted to use Sam Chloe for a girl, which he also liked, he chose Chloe and I loved it anyway and Sam honours my father (whose name was David but he went by Sam for most of his life). I ended up making Sam, Samara instead and shortening it to Sam, so it would flow better and sound more feminine. So we liked Samara Chloe and David Eric.





But we broke up less than a week ago, so I can think about whatever names I want now :)
Hmm well our daughter whom isnt born yet her name will be Jaylin Margaret i had picked that name out my husband fell in love with the name Jaylin but doesnt like Margaret too well but he is letting the name stay because Margaret was my great grandmothers name and i was verry close to her before she passed away a frightening death.
A good way to put it..





How did you come to the conclusion of what your child's name would be?





My son is almost 3 and he is Gabriel Joe





Gabriel is the Angel in the Bible that told Mary she would be expecting a son (Jesus)


My husband and I had a hard time to concieve and this name we just loved and it fit with our Spanish last name but was good for a white kid...since my son is only one quarter Mexican!





Joe is my husband's middle name and it is from his dad and grandfather who both had the name Jose.
My daughter: my fiance liked Harley and it was also after a friend I had. and Rose went goes good with it.


My son: I liked Ethan and so did my fiance. and I chose his middle name Michael after my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment